Thursday, June 21, 2012

Icy Pond Hat - Free Pattern!


Icy Pond Hat – A ThriftyRedhead Design!



I made this hat out of the blue. I winged it as I went.

Yarn: Red Heart Soft Yarn Multi – Icy Pond
Needles: I used what the ball band called for, but I’m guessing it was either 7 or 8 circs.

Cast on 90 stitches, join in round being careful not to twist, place marker to note beginning of round.

Complete 17 rounds of K2, P2, then 30 rounds of stockinette stitch.

Decrease as follows:
K8, k2tog
Knit
K7, k2tog
Knit
K6, k2tog
Knit
K5, k2tog
Knit
K4, K2tog
Knit
K3, K2tog
Knit
K2, k2tog
Knit
K1, k2tog
Knit
K2tog around
K2og around

Pull yarn through remaining stitches cinch and weave in ends.

If you find any errors, let me know ASAP! Or even if you have suggestions to improve this design.

If you enjoy this pattern, feel free to share with friends, and sell what you make, but please don’t claim as your own.

ThriftyRedhead 

2 comments:

  1. I would like to make this for an 8 year old boy. How can I adjust the pattern? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it be possible for a plain background ... hard to read. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete