Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday, September 24, 2010

So, we went all over town today. Rummage sales and thrift stores. I didn't buy a lot, but there was ONE thing I was super excited about...

$5.00; St. Vincent de Paul.
A 1975 Husqvarna Viking  6000 model 6440. It didn't come with a power cords so I thought I'd just call around to different sewing stores. WELL! I took it to Heuers and the guy says the cam is cracked so basically, this sewing machine is junk. I am pretty much just heartbroken.

$3.00; St. Vincent de Paul. A lace swag. I'm going to use this for embellishments of clothing.
$1.00; Salvation Army. I might embellish this with mod podge and some cool fabric or paper. Maybe even paint. I'm not sure.
All I know is that I'm suuuuuuper mad about the sewing machine. I'm mad and sad. I was really hoping I'd have finally found one worth it. Oh well, there's another one I'm looking at that's in a cabinet. I had Paige look at it and she thinks it will be okay. It's an older Singer. The guy at Heuers Sewing said I should get this Jenome Magnolia machine, which is nice, but he wanted $265 for it. Yeah, in your dreams fixodent breath. I don't have that kind of money for a friggen' sewing machine.

My parents are going to go thrifting tomorrow, so hopefully they will be able to find one. If not, and I don't buy that cabinet Singer, my mom might give me her portable Singer and she'll but the Jenome Magnolia machine online. I don't know. All I know is that I NEED a freaking sewing machine.

Ugh!

Anyway, that's all for this time.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the sewing matchine. That's pretty sucky.

    ReplyDelete