Monday, September 20, 2010

Friday, September 17, 2010 (Little late!)

This post comes a tad late. I was really sick over the weekend, and I still am. So excuse the pajama pants and the dazed look on my face(s). It's been a rough few days. Started with a sore throat then progressed into sinus drainage and a bad cough. My lungs are clear though, so no gunk in there. I was so doped up on cold and allergy medication that my eyes dilated funny and I was dizzy. Not good, but I needed some relief. Now, I have the sniffles and a barking cough. Ugh. Makes my throat hurt when I cough. I've blown my nose so much it's all sore and scaly. Ick. My nose looks like a leper.

Now, without further ado, my thrifty finds from Friday the 17th!

$2.00; St. Vincent de Paul.
I did not buy this sweater to wear. I bought this sweater for upcycling. I'm either going to turn it into sweater boots or a few pairs of mittens and possibly a hat. What do you think I should do with it?


 
$3.00; St. Vincent de Paul. Again, this one is not for wearing, but for crafting and upcycling. This ugly sweater is destined to be a pair of boots, I think. Any other suggestions?


$1.49; Goodwill. This sweater I've had for a long time. I've just never worn it yet. As you can see, it's a tad short. What I think I'm going to do with it is make it into a cardigan. Any other suggestions?

$2.00; St. Vincent de Paul. This sweater is for wearing. I was going to turn this one into a cardigan, but now I can't bring myself to do it because it is so pretty. Maybe I'll put some embellishments on it. I'm not sure yet. Any suggestions?

$2.00; St. Vincent de Paul. This is another sweater for wearing. I looove the color green. I thought about crafting this into a cardigan, but again, I just can't bring myself to do it. I like it too much. I might embellish this one, too, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

$2.00; St. Vincent de Paul. This is one for wearing also. I love cardigans. Easy on, easy off. I will probably embellish this one too, and I'm going to do something different with the buttons. I'm not really a fan. I'm just not sure what yet. Any suggestions?


That's it for this bag of swag. I got all this stuff for about $5 and some change. All the clothing was 50% off! Woot!  I'd love your ideas and opinions on some of these! I can't wait to hear what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Well the first sweater I like the idea of your mittens and hat, just because that would be a cute pattern for it.
    The second sweater would make some super cute boots also!
    The third sweater would make a really cute cardigan. I love the color.
    The orange and green sweater I would just add stuff to it. I'm thinking like badazeled flower or something on one of the shoulders would be cute. As for the green on, maybe something that looks like leaves.
    As for the last one with the buttons, I would think something cool like skulls, or completely girly like hearts would be cute.

    ReplyDelete